Call For Nominations
The Institute of Directors (Kenya) is inviting nominations from members of the Institute to serve in the Board of the Institute of Directors (Kenya) to fill vacancies for a three –year renewable term commencing from January 2019.
Candidates for the Board position should be members of the Institute in good standing and should adhere to Chapter Six (6) of the Kenyan constitutional requirements for Leadership and Integrity, in addition to the Codes of ethics for the IOD (Kenya).
While all candidates will be considered, the IOD (K) Nominations Committee encourage nominations from candidates with a strong background in any of the following areas;
- Strategy/strategic thinking and Finance (combination).
- SME’s and Institutional Development
- ICT, Marketing and Publicity (A combination of these skills)
Candidates should be mature individuals of integrity and high reputation. The Members of the Board are appointed in their personal capacity and will be assessed against a criteria that includes;
- Experience; Leadership maturity and an understanding of best practices in governance, experience in senior corporate leadership in the areas of institutional development, strategy development and implementation, ICT, Marketing , PR and Communication , fundraising and governance and policy making. Finance experience and working knowledge of SME’s is an added advantage.
- Network; ability to make strategically important connection in funding communities and the corporate environment in Kenya and East Africa
- Availability; Capacity to contribute to the Board and attend at least four meetings in –person annually and participate in one or more committees of the Board.
Participation on the Board of the IOD (K) is voluntary. The Institute will reimburse reasonable expenses related to travel to and from the meeting location and a per-diem for travel while representing the Institute in various forums as per the laid down policies of the Institute.
Submit your application via email to;
The Nominations Committee
Institute of Directors (Kenya)
The deadline for applications is Wednesday 3rd October 2018 at 12 Noon.