Welcome To The Institute of Directors (Kenya)
IoD (Kenya) exists to represent Kenyan directors and to advocate their interests. Foremost among its goals is to professionalize the career of directors in all sectors of the economy. It pursues this objective through:
- Offering directors opportunities for continuing training through short training courses, periodic workshops and other opportunities for peer networking.
- Running director certification programs in collaboration with IoD’s world over.
- Supporting the evaluation of the performance of boards and directors and addressing any weaknesses in structure and processes identified.
- Setting and disseminating standards and benchmarks of best practice in corporate governance, including Codes of Corporate Governance and codes of ethics/conduct for all sectors of the economy.
- Engaging with stakeholders in addressing and promoting best practices in corporate governance for betterment of institutions.
- Engaging GOK, regulators, professional and trade associations in initiatives for promoting good corporate governance in the various sectors through forums that identify sectoral weaknesses in the implementation of corporate governance and recommending measures for strengthening governance therein.
IOD (K) is committed to unlocking and recognizing member potential through provision of world class learning opportunities, knowledge sharing, networking, mentorship and promotion of world class standards in Corporate Governance.
IOD (K) continually provides an array of services guaranteed to add value to the careers and work of professional directors. It also seeks to establish standards on the qualification and conduct of directors and the boards on which they serve.
To champion director professionalism and development through good corporate governance for the benefit of organizations, stakeholders and the prosperity of Kenya.
Pillar 1: Guiding & Influencing
Pillar 2: Developing
Pillar 3: Connecting
Pillar 4: Institutional Capacity Building
Pillar 5: Sufficient funding
Pillar 6: Strategic partnerships
Pillar 7: Stakeholder satisfaction